Does Mazda offer smartphone connectivity?
How to connect to Mazda Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
Staying connected while on the roads is important for just about every driver. Our lives do not stop just because we are behind the wheel of a car. Fortunately, technology and device companies offer systems that allow drivers to safely access certain apps and functions through your vehicle infotainment system. Mazda now offers the two most-popular of these systems: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Follow these steps to learn how to connect to Mazda Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Read More: How spacious is the 2019 Mazda CX-5?
How to connect an Android device to a Mazda
Drivers and passengers with android devices will use the Android Auto program to connect their phone.
iPhone connecting to Apple CarPlay
- Download the Android Auto app to your device.
- Make sure your Mazda is in park and the parking brake is engaged.
- Connect your phone via the USB cable to the USB port labeled with the smartphone icon.
- Follow the prompts on the phone screen to make the connection.
- The MAZDA CONNECT™ system will recognize the smartphone.
- Follow the prompts on the MAZDA CONNECT™ screen and your device screen to complete the connection.
How to connect an iPhone to a Mazda
Phone users with an iPhone device will use Apple CarPlay to connect to the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system.
- Download the Apple CarPlay app to your iPhone.
- Make sure the car is in park and the parking brake is engaged.
- Use a Lightning cable to connect your iPhone to the USB port labeled with the smartphone icon.
- The system will automatically recognize your iPhone.
If you are having trouble connecting to Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, double-check to make sure you are using a high-quality cable, that it is connected to the USB port marked with the smartphone icon, and that the vehicle is in park with the parking brake engaged.